If you need to have a tooth extracted this summer, make sure to plan ahead. Preparing for your rest and recovery stages are important to ensure your smile will be ready as quickly as possible.
Keep your smile safe this summer with the help of a tooth extraction. Listed below are some amazing tips to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking can cause issues with your recovery from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is vital for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to repair.
– If your dentist has given you instructions for recovery, follow them precisely as advised, and if any issues or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set up a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction procedure to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If extreme swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– To avoid choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic completely fades away.
If you would like to set up a tooth extraction appointment with Dr. Robert P. Sherman at our dentist office in Leawood, Kansas, please call us at 913-685-2171. Our team looks forward to keeping your oral health in pristine condition.